Saturday, July 08, 2006

230PM

I got Mets on now.
A few items: Daniel, could u or anyone else tell me MORE about Akira The Don. I know NOTHING. Is his album out? Is Back In The Day a single? What do u know? VE HAVE VAYS OF MAKING PEOPLE TALK!!!!!!!
Klasien: I must congratulate you on the funniest line: "Being dead doesnt mean not interested". The essence of show biz right there!
Also, I cant tell you guys how much it means to me that u seem to like JOKER so much. Im getting all of BATMAN ready. (nudge Rinkoff please. Hes got a LOAD of stunning DE trax. LoL)
Thank you all! Welcome back Angie! I remember that night at WHISTLE well. (I had just finished a new song for the show with Meat, of course. He did the music. Only the white keys, only the white--and a few beige perhaps).

Also, I spoke to my "producer" in London for 2 hours today. Weve decided to try for Terry Gilliam as Director! He is GREAT friends with Terry Jones and I think, forgetting his visionary brilliance and investors' wariness, the combo of MONTY PYTHON meets BAT OUT OF HELL is incredibly exciting! Probably wont work out, he probably barfs at my music, but worth a try!!
Also, we are quite serious about "powerful merchandising" for the show. Ideas right now (I admit, just ideas, but a "connection" with all): Jamie Oliver to run THE BAT cafe & restaurant (I guarantee you'll LOVE the Bat wings! (Chicken wings & frogs legs right up to the CREME BOOHLE. The BOOH Boohtique, help from Twiggy and Stella McCartney, but with INNOVATIVE edgy cool fashions (tatoo art shirts, re-invented "light weight" dazzling chaps, BOOH cover embroidered on amazing shirts that look like liquid mercury.(Ill wear one next time), great jewelry, scarves, kimonos & amazing sneakers, Tshirts using the fotos of Mick Rock, top rock photographer, who did approach us. If u know MISFITS clothes, we'll have that (sneakers with tatoo art on them, shirts with studs on art of BOOH cover but the studs are body piercings..........) And all
inexpensive! (Well maybe not ALL.) We'll have a BOOH music room, whereu can buy BATS & related CDs, including the final songs I wrote to "conclude" Bat, And BATMAN. And, OF COURSE, TDE!

MY fave item. I created this for Madeline Lloyd Webber's birthday and designed incredible looking ads by deWinters, who did the logos for CATS, LES MIZ, MISS SAIGON, PHANTOM, TANZ, and TDE! I did TWO items.
1) A perfume named MONTRACHET after the great noble French white wine. The perfumes will be "vintage dated" for years in this century, and slightly altered so each vintage year suggests something inherent to what that year connotes. Tag is: "A Drop of Montrachet in every bottle" and
2) EQUUS! cologne for men, with an amazing picture of a half man-half horse, a satyr centaur. And*tries not to laugh* the tag: "HUNG LIKE A HORSE? Now you can smell like one too...A drop of horse sweat in every bottle."

Well, its SUPPOSED to be funny. ONLY that one is a novelty.

But please dont think Im thinking of merchandising not creating. Ive been writing every day! And Smeg, I assure you the use of cyclists will NOT be silly. It will be spectacular and integral to the music, choreography, and dramatic heart & soul, which I promise we'll work our souls to the bone to achieve great theatre, even in a newly built environment. BTW, Smeg, I always found the book of CONFIDENCE MAN a bit confusing and cold. But I think you all did a superb job) And Justin, I expect you to bring in the EMT & police, at LEAST, on first night. Wish me luck please.

(Long silence)

*tuff crowd......tuff crowd"