Thursday, December 28, 2006

DECEMBER 28: 06: 4:05AL

Just a quick update: I'll try to blog more in the coming months. First, BAT OUT OF HELL the Musical is proceeding with me writing the book. Act One is "done" in a first draft, but as David Ives always said: "Writing is REwriting". I'm pretty happy with it so far. In January, Im meeting here at home with Elva, Frances (producers), Wilson Milam (director), Gerald Scarfe and his wife Jane Asher, on whom I had a terrific crush when she was Paul McCartney's "bird" lol. She's an accomplished novelist today. Later, Eiko (Costumes) comes. (Besides Coppola's DRACULA, she also did THE CELL, which is fairly amazing). Then Sheila and Michael come (merchandising, emphasis on clothes and a perfume/fragrance group, NOIR NUIT.) The apparel is BAT NOIR. By the legal settlement wth Meat, he can't interfere with the show, which must be called "Jim Steinman's BAT OUT OF HELL" the musical epic LIVE! We're considering a Royal Albert Hall concert to benefit the Great Ormond Street Hospital (who used to own all rights to PETER PAN, and have been lovely to deal with (just want them to be "happy"). The concert will be "stars" doing BAT 1 & 2 songs as well as THREE new BAT songs. ("We're Still The Children We Once Were"; "What Part Of My Body Hurts The Most"; and "Who Needs the Young"? Todd Rundgren is to be a musical consultant, and Ive asked him to do about 15 a capella "soundscapes" based on or inspired by the songs and/or his Background vocals. Since I think his "A CAPELLA" record is one of the greatest Ive ever heard, Im thrilled! These pieces would be used in the show and hopefully at some point released, along with new material, and eventually a cast album. Though not definite, Im hoping KASIM SULTON will be band leader and Music Director, Steve Margoshes arranger, and Mike Reed probably music supervisor, or Mike Dixon ("We Will Rock You"). Margoshes & Reed worked with me on TANZ, brilliantly.

BTW, the Berlin opening of TANZ was a HUGE success, and Steve Rinkoff, who was there, agrees with others that this is THE BEST production so far! Ticket sales so far are exceptional, and audience response "over the moon",

In the settlement that allowed Meat to call BAT3 ...BAT 3, I get full stage rights in UK and everywhere else! So long as it is called "Jim Steinman's BAT OUT OF HELL" which I prefer anyway, and is fair to Meat. No work together is planned as of now, nor any BAT OUT OF HELL 4.

THE DREAM ENGINE, guided by Rinkoff, continues. I know it's better if he communiates directly with you on that.
But Im sure it will be stunning.

Im thrilled with the "clothing line" so far, from Tatoo art to medieval style to satin lightweight motorcycle jackets, to heavily 'TATOO'd' HEAVY leather jackets to LUMINEX clothes, that provide their OWN LIGHT thru fiber optics and are a true jaw dropper to special NUIT NOIR fragrances, including the first "vintage dated" bottles (from 1900 to now, various years). Maybe I'll even get my "dream cologne": EQUUS for MEN! "Hung Like A Horse? Now you don't have to smell like one too!" =;-))

Also, hoodies with CHAIN MAIL hoods that I love! And many others......

Thank you all so much for your holiday greetings. Back atcha!
BTW, is MILTON the same guy who psychotically posted all those posts @ Amazon? If so, he should triple his meds! What a whack job!

Till next time...Im about 20% into KING KONG. What a disappointing mess! CAPOTE was superb, tho rather minor.
Am I gay or straight?
Hmmmm.........Vegesexual? Doesnt eat meat?
Noooooooooooo....
HMMMMMMMMM...