Friday, January 26, 2007

Friday 1/26/07 855PM

Hey! My mind is totally NUMB after reviewing the thread, started by Vin, concerning GRAMMAR!! (Vin, after writing a great evocation of PIG & how it hit you, WTF??! LOL, I know its bullshit but please folks: YOU DONT LOOK AT LYRICS AS ANYHING BUT DIALOGUE!! THESE ARE CHARACTERS singing, not essays!! Christ!
Its so obvous it's ridiculous! Aint nothing but a HOUNDOG?? And on and on. If ure writing, two main rules to me re songwriting: WRITE LYRICS FIRST and WRITE IN THE VOICE AND TONE OF A CHARACTER, VERY SPECIFIC! Or maybe iconic! BUT song speaks as the person speaks! Had to get that out of my system!

Re Horror, thnx, but in front of me are DVDs Im waiting to see, but Ive been so busy writing!: H6; THE WOODS; DEAD MAN'S SHOES; EDMOND; CALVAIRE; HILLS HAVE EYES; EXTREMES 11 (ASIAN); NIGHT WATCH; CACHE; SILENT HILL; THE DESCENT; SEVERANCE; SAW3; THE COVENANT; THE ROOST; TEXAS CHAINSAW: THE BEGINNING.

I liked Dog Solders a year ago. H6 is the Spanish "HOSTEL"; CALVAIRE looks gr8; as does CACHE and SEVERANCE.
I loved BOTH SAW1 &2.Dead Man's Shoes looks best of all.

But thanks for your ideas. I get them ALL from AMAZON US & UK & GERMANY. Looking for PERFUME now. Have ordered HISTORY BOYS; NOTES ON A SCANDAL; PAN'S LABYRINTH; HAVE CHILDREN OF MEN. From UK, not available here yet.
So far, BLACK DAHLIA is a mess, tho I love DePalma! And I highly recommend UK TV series on DVD: SPOOKS1-4;
NEW TRICKS; & JOHNATHAN CREEK.

I tend to agree with Aint It Cool News that best film of year is three way tie of BABEL, PAN'S, & CHILDREN.

Finally, Im proud that besides the mention by MANKIND & Jim Cornette, Im mentioned in a Pentagon briefing:



http://www.defenselink.mil/Transcripts/Transcript.aspx?TranscriptID=3875

(Note: Colonel Galloucis appears via digital video imagery distribution system from Iraq.)

BRYAN WHITMAN (deputy assistant secretary of Defense for Public Affairs): Good morning, and welcome. I think many of you will recognize the individual that's on our screen this morning. This is Colonel Mike Galloucis, who's had several tours in the Pentagon and had a, at times, close working relationship with the press corps here also.

But Colonel Galloucis is now the commander of the 89th Military Police Brigade in Iraq, and he's speaking to us today from Baghdad. And as is our normal format, he'll open it up, give you an overview of what his unit's been doing, and then we'll get into some questions.

So, Mike, welcome back to the briefing room, even if you're all the way over in Baghdad.

COL. GALLOUCIS: Thank you for that introduction, Mr. Whitman. I appreciate it. And thank you for your continued service to the Department of Defense and our nation.

Good morning to all of you there, from Baghdad. I truly appreciate this opportunity to speak with you. I've worked with many of you over the years, from inside the building, as Bryan indicated, and of course I look forward to our dialogue today.

I do have a couple of prepared comments, and then I'll be happy to field your questions.

Before getting to my prepared remarks, I thought I'd share a vignette with you, one that some of you might find amusing. Bright and early this morning, I was huffing and puffing on an elliptical machine and listening to an iPod. My two teenaged kids download songs for me on a routine basis, and of course you never know what type of music you'll get when they send it to you. But one thing is for certain. It's not going to be Frank Sinatra or the Beatles.

Anyway, as I worked out and thought about meeting with you later today, a song came on by the artist Meat Loaf, and the name of the song was "Out of the Frying Pan (and into the Fire)." I'm not sure if any of you have heard that song, but in addition to being a great song, I thought to myself: How appropriate that I'm hearing that song today, as I get ready to face the Pentagon press corps.

Let me start by saying there are obviously many changes afoot, but key to our success here is assisting the Iraqi government to secure the population. The Iraqis are a proud people, and they have proven to be resilient throughout their rich history. They are tired of the violence and bloodshed, and want to move their country forward.

Thnx to Jacqueline for that!! Obviously a great man!

BTW, I think BUSH is beyond impeachment! War crimes trials & assassination are only just options. U agree SMEG??

I am a registered Libertarian btw. and DESPISE Hillary! (Only pol I despise more is Lieberman!)

And I want to release a CD of unrecorded songs as well as stars doing their interpretations of BAT songs; I am meeting Friday with Neal Warnock, President of THE AGENCY GROUP, who looks to be major financial backing of BOOH show. He offered to pay for CD, then simply get a label for distribution, promotion etc. So all these unheard songs will get released! BAT: THE FINAL SONGS, Just today I figured out a very cool way to use entire GRAVEYARD SHIFT. As a song for Captain Hook, during a bloody search & destroy mission. (The Vespers part would be sung by all the gang members in OBSIDIAN beforehand,) AND THEN HE ATTACKS!! (Please listen again and see if you think it works.) Probably wont make the FINAL CUT, but gr8 for the CD, along with 6-7 others.