Wednesday, January 24, 2007

WEDNESDAY, 1/24/06

Thought it'd be cool if I blogged more often, and more succinctly. So Im not thinking of a blog like a writing "challenge".
Firstly, I saw FARSCAPE was mentioned.Thought Id say that I was apprpached by the creators of FARSCAPE to turn it into a stage musical. I was enthusiastic though Id never seen the show. But--the show got cancelled and that was dropped. You guys gotta know that projects are mentioned when theyre REAL, but things have a habit of becoming unreal in a flash in this biz. If only REALITY itself was as quixotic! Ah well......
I did a brilliant remix of ECLIPSE for WESTLIFE, redoing piano, drums, and adding an epic intro! Steve and Bova worked with me on it. I was thrilled. But Simon Cowell, their record prez, said no--he preferred the original, which is very good but bland.
You cant second guess these folks. BTW, I recreated the intro from ACT TWO of TANZ, right before TOTALE FINSTERNIS. It was mind blowing. Ah well...
My week long meetings here on BOOH:THE MUSICAL were thrilling! Lots of work done, found a place for only major song unlocated heretofore, TWO OUT OF THREE. Also, Gerald Scarfe was a delight and brilliant! What a thrill to interact with him! And his wife, Jane Asher.
Its shaping up to be quite stunning, I think. Lots of work on the 3D element.
Re The Oscars: Ho hum...... Gr8 to see Helen Mirren, about my favorite actress, nominated! (She'll win)
Also love Dench and Streep.
Movies I crave to see are CHILDREN OF MEN and PAN'S LABYRINTH! Dreamgirls---well it can wait. Amazing that Meat not doing more with Jennifer Hudson, whose voice I love! BABEL: who cares? Rest is boring. (I did see DEVIL WEARS PRADA, which was a pitch perfect little trifle, with Streep doing a thrilling job! BRAVO! I'll always remember her at the NY SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL, eating lunch with her, and she ALWAYS talked about wanting to do ANNIE GET YOUR GUN, belting out "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better"! LOVED HER ALL THESE YEARS!
Well, Scientologists have proclaimed Tom Cruise their JESUS CHRIST. (I guess thats like KFED being the BEATLES for todays celebrities!
And, I think it was AGAWESOME, who thrilled me with his story of Mick Foley and Jim Cornette knowing all about my work! YAY!!!!!!!!
Well, thats all for now.