LANDMARK BLOG
Hi! I swore Id never do this but here it is!! I wrote these lyrics off the top of my head, stream of consciousness style. SO its not even first draft! But I thought it'd be interesting to get your responses. JUST THE LYRICS! Dont even imagine the music, unless you want to. But its not written yet, except I used my previously published PARADISE LOST chorus s it "seemed just right" at that moment. That does have a melody, a gr8 one, but that could all change as I develop this. This is a song for Hook in BOOH, "THE DEVIL'S PLAYGROUND". Read it & if u want, please write SPECIFIC detailed observations....each & every line if u wish......I hope you like it.
THE DEVIL’S PLAYGROUND
I will decorate this city
With Ribbons Of Blood
I will find the endless tears
Soon to be a flood
I will conjure up the magic
Far beyond your sight
I’ll illuminate this city
With the ascension of the light
Eternal terrors hold us down
Keep us plodding in the mud
I WILL DECORATE THIS CITY
IN RIBBONS OF BLOOD.
Broken hearts
Are the Devil’s Playground
Shattered dreams
Disillusioned youth
And all of man
Is the Devil’s Playground
Shameless lies
And Shameful truth
We’ll all succumb!
And some time when
The Dark exults and moons arise
In the blink of an eye
The Devil’s Playground
Is Born Again!
The Devil’s Playground
Is Alive Again!
So Come On Down
To the Devil’s Playground!
Come On Down
Before It Disappears
In the blink of an eye
You see the Devil’s playground
Now it all seems dead
But it used to be here…Once!
(Once it was here)
Once!
Before it disappeared!
Once!
‘Once’ always disappears
Trembling hands
Are the Devil’s Playground
Empty plans
And hollow hopes
ETERNAL TERRORS HOLD US DOWN
AND WE’LL ALL BE DROWNING IN THE MUD!
I will decorate this city
With ribbons of blood………………
In the blink of an eye
All is lost
The storms they rumble
And the winds are tossed
In the blink of an eye
You’re a sad old man
Trying to remember
Whatever you can
In the blink of an eye
Death will clutch you
No respect
For fortune or Fame
In the blink of an eye
It all awaits you
Thousand of tombstones
Waiting for the names
Just waiting for the names
In the blink of an eye……………
In the blink of an eye……………
In the blink of an -------
I
I
I
I WILL DECORATE THIS CITY
WITH RIBBONS OF BLOOD!
(soft)
No matter
How tragic the loss
No matter
How heavy the cost
To this very day
I can stand tall and say:
I fought for Paradise
But Paradise lost
I fought for Paradise
And Paradise lost.
It wasn’t your fault or mine
Wasn’t this it wasn’t that
But Paradise lost
In the final at bat
Paradise lost
In the last at bat.
(DARK.)
THE DEVIL’S PLAYGROUND
I will decorate this city
With Ribbons Of Blood
I will find the endless tears
Soon to be a flood
I will conjure up the magic
Far beyond your sight
I’ll illuminate this city
With the ascension of the light
Eternal terrors hold us down
Keep us plodding in the mud
I WILL DECORATE THIS CITY
IN RIBBONS OF BLOOD.
Broken hearts
Are the Devil’s Playground
Shattered dreams
Disillusioned youth
And all of man
Is the Devil’s Playground
Shameless lies
And Shameful truth
We’ll all succumb!
And some time when
The Dark exults and moons arise
In the blink of an eye
The Devil’s Playground
Is Born Again!
The Devil’s Playground
Is Alive Again!
So Come On Down
To the Devil’s Playground!
Come On Down
Before It Disappears
In the blink of an eye
You see the Devil’s playground
Now it all seems dead
But it used to be here…Once!
(Once it was here)
Once!
Before it disappeared!
Once!
‘Once’ always disappears
Trembling hands
Are the Devil’s Playground
Empty plans
And hollow hopes
ETERNAL TERRORS HOLD US DOWN
AND WE’LL ALL BE DROWNING IN THE MUD!
I will decorate this city
With ribbons of blood………………
In the blink of an eye
All is lost
The storms they rumble
And the winds are tossed
In the blink of an eye
You’re a sad old man
Trying to remember
Whatever you can
In the blink of an eye
Death will clutch you
No respect
For fortune or Fame
In the blink of an eye
It all awaits you
Thousand of tombstones
Waiting for the names
Just waiting for the names
In the blink of an eye……………
In the blink of an eye……………
In the blink of an -------
I
I
I
I WILL DECORATE THIS CITY
WITH RIBBONS OF BLOOD!
(soft)
No matter
How tragic the loss
No matter
How heavy the cost
To this very day
I can stand tall and say:
I fought for Paradise
But Paradise lost
I fought for Paradise
And Paradise lost.
It wasn’t your fault or mine
Wasn’t this it wasn’t that
But Paradise lost
In the final at bat
Paradise lost
In the last at bat.
(DARK.)

<< Home