PLEASE SEE BUG
Dear all: May I passionately urge you to see BUG, directed by William Friedkin, and from FRENCH CONNECTION and THE EXORCIST on, he declares this to be "my most disturbing and profound" film. I certainly agree, and, going further, it is the finest American film in maybe a decade, features a performance "for the ages" by Ashley Judd, which ranks with the best Meryl Streep has EVER done, as well as Helen Mirren or Vanessa Redgrave, a performance of truly operatic power. I was amazed that aside from his few films, Friedkin has only directed opera! BUG is on the level of Tristan and Isolde in terms of its love story and towering depths. It is also a terrifying film based on a play by Tracy Letts, who did the screenplay. May be the first great modern "horror play", which I have always loved the idea of doing. Maybe the best filming of a play since Altman.
Forget everything and just see BUG and prepare to be astonished. I was.
Jim
Forget everything and just see BUG and prepare to be astonished. I was.
Jim

<< Home