940PM July 19'06
Some miscellaneous answers while I remember.
First, I love Puddings Avatar. (That sounds like a "lost" Vonnegut or Pratchett book: "PUDDING'S AVATAR".
It reminds me of MILTON sitting on a big wet hard chocolate dildo, and "romping" around while it thrusts & clamps& melts!
Second, the piano sound I love began in 1977, with BAT, but was "perfected" later with Rinkoff and other engineers (Neil Dorfsman, Larry Alexander.) It IS meant to sound like a HARD Percussive almost "tack piano." I think I was more concerned with it on solo demos. Its even on my 1970 Dream Engine demos. Its ALWAYS been a YAMAHA, tho BAT1 was in Woodstock, NY & was a Bosendorfer. It MAINLY stems from my love of piano as A PERCUSSION as well as a STRINGED instrument. Thats why I dislike digital keyboards so much. YOU CANT FEEL THEM! YOU CANT PERCUSS THEM! YOU CANT FEEL THE MUSCLE of the heart! I think the best piano may have been on the demo of MAKING LOVE.
"RENEGADE ANGEL" was my title since 1978. I dont like seeing it "used" as "ad copy." But I cant do anything alas.
Yes, I wrote the PARADISE speech for Rizzuto. I dont think Harry Carey was ever really considered, tho kudos to Meat for following that "old concert rule": "You people in *fill in city you're in* are the greatest audience in the world!"
I am STILL going to finish RENEGADE ANGEL, as Im only now realizing how to do it.It started with a boy losing his virginity and "another angel got its wings."
"We hope & dream & strive
Till one day
Theres nothing left but
A Renegade Angel
And Only Lovers Left Alive."
Ill get to more l8r.
First, I love Puddings Avatar. (That sounds like a "lost" Vonnegut or Pratchett book: "PUDDING'S AVATAR".
It reminds me of MILTON sitting on a big wet hard chocolate dildo, and "romping" around while it thrusts & clamps& melts!
Second, the piano sound I love began in 1977, with BAT, but was "perfected" later with Rinkoff and other engineers (Neil Dorfsman, Larry Alexander.) It IS meant to sound like a HARD Percussive almost "tack piano." I think I was more concerned with it on solo demos. Its even on my 1970 Dream Engine demos. Its ALWAYS been a YAMAHA, tho BAT1 was in Woodstock, NY & was a Bosendorfer. It MAINLY stems from my love of piano as A PERCUSSION as well as a STRINGED instrument. Thats why I dislike digital keyboards so much. YOU CANT FEEL THEM! YOU CANT PERCUSS THEM! YOU CANT FEEL THE MUSCLE of the heart! I think the best piano may have been on the demo of MAKING LOVE.
"RENEGADE ANGEL" was my title since 1978. I dont like seeing it "used" as "ad copy." But I cant do anything alas.
Yes, I wrote the PARADISE speech for Rizzuto. I dont think Harry Carey was ever really considered, tho kudos to Meat for following that "old concert rule": "You people in *fill in city you're in* are the greatest audience in the world!"
I am STILL going to finish RENEGADE ANGEL, as Im only now realizing how to do it.It started with a boy losing his virginity and "another angel got its wings."
"We hope & dream & strive
Till one day
Theres nothing left but
A Renegade Angel
And Only Lovers Left Alive."
Ill get to more l8r.


<< Home