Thursday, July 20, 2006

147AM 7/13/06

BATMAN got posted prematurely, but hope you like it. YES I KNOW that the chord structure of the verses goes back to "GOD SPEEDS" in BAD FOR GOOD, etc., but its more a LEITMOTIF for me, and I honestly think of ALL Ive written as filled with "sometimes recurring leitmotifs" that are "clues" in themselves. Or I could say Im a repetitive bum, but HONEST INJUN thats not true. =;-)
The bridges and choruses are all new. It was all played & sung LIVE. Margoshes actually "shared the song with me". After he did the intro, he slid off the bench AS I slid on & continued, smooth as silk. (Ah, shades of those prepubescent Romanian gurl gymnasts and their capacity to make "pretzels".) Of course, the SONG OF GOTHAM CITY is new also. "Angels Arise" was written for this, then "abducted" & clutched away by DOTV, in which it too was ruined.
Please try & enjoy. BTW, re comments on my singing in JOKER, that , and this, are done in my REAL & NATURAL range, baritone. I HAD to sing a full octave higher on BAD FOR GOOD cause trax were cut for Meat Loaf. This is my "natural habitat" for song.
I really look forward to Rob and TDE doing this. His style will be brilliant and stunning on it. And the band can play the hell out of a complex & striking arrangement I envision.