535AM 7/24/06
Just to clear some things up:
1) Im on piano on Graveyard Shift from the few intro "chords" to the end. That is me on the whole instrumental & throughout. Yes, Im Bashing the hell out of the pedals. (Bash Out Of Hell?). And mostly, the last half of the instrumental I did play with my forearms, just SMASHING the keyboard. Its a miracle its "in tune". Same style I used before GREAT BOLEROS OF FIRE @ Nassau Colisseum in 78. So-- still Bashing after all these years! Lol.
2) ANGELS ARISE was written first for BATMAN, just as on the demo. The melody was ONLY that. When they "usurped" it for DOTV, I added the second section, which includes the lovely "And theres every sign that once aupon a time/Is starting here and now." Now, CRY TO HEAVEN was "adapted & developed" based solely on the BATMAN piece. It is precisely what is sung in BATMAN by the soprano, but an octave lower for the male voice, and does not include the ANGELS ARISE lyrics at all but is the same exact melody. Its very reminiscent to Elvis in his "Are you Lonesome Tonight" style......very lyrical. I have not heard Meats version. But I love the song. I did demo it with Kyle.
3) I thought MAMA MILTON was actually Meat's lawyer.
1) Im on piano on Graveyard Shift from the few intro "chords" to the end. That is me on the whole instrumental & throughout. Yes, Im Bashing the hell out of the pedals. (Bash Out Of Hell?). And mostly, the last half of the instrumental I did play with my forearms, just SMASHING the keyboard. Its a miracle its "in tune". Same style I used before GREAT BOLEROS OF FIRE @ Nassau Colisseum in 78. So-- still Bashing after all these years! Lol.
2) ANGELS ARISE was written first for BATMAN, just as on the demo. The melody was ONLY that. When they "usurped" it for DOTV, I added the second section, which includes the lovely "And theres every sign that once aupon a time/Is starting here and now." Now, CRY TO HEAVEN was "adapted & developed" based solely on the BATMAN piece. It is precisely what is sung in BATMAN by the soprano, but an octave lower for the male voice, and does not include the ANGELS ARISE lyrics at all but is the same exact melody. Its very reminiscent to Elvis in his "Are you Lonesome Tonight" style......very lyrical. I have not heard Meats version. But I love the song. I did demo it with Kyle.
3) I thought MAMA MILTON was actually Meat's lawyer.


<< Home